Minnesota Plumber | Leaking Faucet and Pipe Repair MNPosted:Mar 22nd, 2018 6:00 am
MN Plumber Edina, Plymouth, Minnetonka MNHow much water do you use every day in your home? Would you be surprised to learn that according to the USGS the average American uses between 80-100 gallons (approx. 300 - 375 liters) of water per day? It's not the little leak that wastes waterit is the little leak that keeps on leaking that wastes water. And the fact that the leak is so little means that maybe you ignore it.
How Much Water Do You Use?So, how can a little leak turn into a big waste? Many of our toilets have a constant leaksomewhere around 22 gallons per day. This translates into about 8,000 gallons per year of wasted water, water that could be saved. Or think of a leaky water line coming into your house. If it leaks 1 gallon of water every 10 minutes that means that you are losing (and paying for) 144 gallons per day, or 52,560 gallons per year. Home water use varies considerably depending on household size, water use practices, climate, type of plumbing fixtures and appliances and a number of other factors. The two largest water users are toilets and clothes washers. Note that nearly 14 percent of the water the typical homeowner pays for is never used - it leaks down the drain. The chart shows the average percentage of uses as follows: Clothes washer - 21.7% Shower - 15.9% Faucet - 16.7% Toilet - 26.7% Dishwasher - 1.4% Bath - 1.7% Leak - 13.7% Other - 2.2%
Ways Your Family Can Conserve Water
- Check all water-using appliances, equipment and other devices for leaks. Running toilets, dripping faucets, home water treatment units and outdoor sprinkler systems are common sources of leaks.
- Take short showers instead of tub baths.
- Don't let the water run while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Before pouring water down the drain, consider other uses for it, such as watering a plant or garden.
- Wash full loads of laundry whenever possible.
- Operate dishwasher only when completely full.
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks, and steps rather than hosing them off.
- Install high efficiency plumbing fixtures and appliances.
Minneapolis MinnesotaRanked 7th in the nation as America's Least Wasteful City
|1||San Francisco, CA||1382.92|
|3||New York, NY||1350.74|
|8||Los Angeles, CA||1218.26|
|19||St. Louis, MO||1162.03|
So when the faucet is leaking, or the drain is clogged, or the water heater is not producing hot water, making repairs now will save you big bucks not only water, but future plumbing repairs. Contact a Minnesota Plumber who can give you more expert tips on keeping the plumbing in your home running smoothly and efficiently! They will be happy to offer maintenance suggestions that will avoid these problems in the future, extend the life of your plumbing system and maybe even save you some money on your energy bills!
- Minneapolis Plumber MN | St Paul Plumbing Service Minnesota
- Water Treatments MN | Water Softening Systems
- Mineapolis Plumber Minneapolis MN
- Minneapolis Minnesota Water Treatment Services
- Home Water Softeners & Water Treatment Systems MN
- Water Treatment Services MN
- Water Treatments MN | Water Treatment Services MN
- Water Treatment Services Minneapolis MN
- Water Treatments MN | MN Water Treatments
- Minnesota Water Treatment Minneapolis MN
- Minnesota Water Treatment | Minnesota Water Treatment Services
- MN Water Softener Systems | Water Treatment and Filtration Systems
- Water Softeners | Drinking Water Systems
- Minnesota Plumber | Leaking Faucet and Pipe Repair MN
- Minnesota Plumbing Contractor | Plumbing Inspection MN
- Plumbing Repair MN | Leaky Faucets, Fixture & Pipe Repair MN
- MN Plumbing Contractor | Make Plumbing Repairs On Fix A Leak Week
- Water Treatment Services MN | MN Plumber
- Water Treatments MN | Water Softening | Water Purification
- Water Softening | Minnesota Water Treatments
- Water Treatment, Water Filters and Filtration Systems MN
- Water Heater Repair Replacement Service MN
- Minnesota Water Heater Service Repair & Installation MN
- Plumbing Repairs | Faucets, Fixture & Pipe Repair MN
- Water Heater Repair, Installation & Replacement MN
- MN Plumbing Repair | Faucet and Pipe Repair MN
- MN Plumbing Services | Minnetonka | Maple Grove | Plymouth | St Louis Park and Edina
- MN Plumbing Repair | Repair Dripping Faucets and Leaky Toilets
- Minneapolis MN Plumber | Master Plumber Minneapolis MN
- Minneapolis MN Water Softener Installation
- Water Softeners & Water Treatment Minneapolis St Paul Minnesota
- Minneapolis Water Heater Installation & Repair MN
- Sump Pump Installation and Repair Minnetonka MN
- Maple Grove Minnesota Plumber MN
- Plumbing Repairs MN | MN Plumber
- Minnesota Plumber Minneapolis MN
- MN Plumbing Services - Saving Water, Saving Energy, Saving Money
- Water Softeners & Water Treatments MN
- Maintaining Your Septic System Guide For Minnesota Homeowners
- MN Plumber For Sewage Backup St Louis Park MN
- Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Minnapolis Plumbing Repairs MN
- Home Water Softeners & Water Treatment Systems Minneapolis MN
- Plumbing Tips To Avoid Frozen Pipes This Winter
- Bathroom and Kitchen Plumbing Repair, Replacement, Installation MN
- Minneapolis MN Truth in Housing Plumbing Inspection
- Home Inspections In Minnesota: Don't Forget the Plumbing!
- Truth-in-Housing Plumbing Inspection Minneapolis St Paul MN
- Buying or Selling A Home - Get A Plumbing Inspection
- Minnesota Plumbing Contractor Discusses Bathroom Safety For Seniors
- Water Softener Minneapolis MN | Residential Water Treatment
- Minnetonka Minnesota Water Softening and Purification
- Water Heater Installation, Service & Repair MN
- Make Plumbing Repairs To Prevent Basement Flooding
- Kitchen and Bathroom Drain Plumbing Cleaning MN
- Truth-in-Housing Plumbing Inspection MN
- Water Heater Service and Repair MN | Water Heater Tax Credits
- Plumbing MN | Minnesota Plumber
- Minnesota Plumber Minneapolis MN
- Plumbing Repairs MN